Saturday, December 01, 2007

And 3 years later.......

Been a very long time after I had written anything at all on my blog.
Was never a good writer in the first place..I am more of a good reader and a good listener :-) But let me say this... There are lots of things that one can do with a pretty fast internet connection, other than the more obvious things ...u know what I mean ;-)

Life has turned another page since the last time I have blogged...

Gone are the care free days with my crowd of friends in my favorite Sin-City Bangalore.Gone are the crowd of friends as well... most of them settled down in Life..along with these, the initial days of the fun blogging are lost aswell..which were mostly done during office hrs of CLI3L call center days, thanks to high speed net @ office.

The chilly football mornings were always with Vinu, Kuttan, Kicha n Rajeev n a lot of other Infy-Mallu crowd.and I very vividly remember how our soccer days came to an abrupt end.With kuttan getting through an amazing tackling situation the outcome of which was a hairline fracture on his ankle... n Kicha coming up as a challenge to Valentino Rossy on the roads of Bangalore n performing an amazing piece of stunt on his bike...something like trying to overtake a car, lorry n a cow!!! all at one go..of which the only thing that was immobile on the road was the Cow....n then Kicha along with his bike.... a couple of minutes later...Thankfully it was nothing major!

And there was Vinu who used to psyche those unknown wannabe Dravids who were crazy enough to dare try set up the wickets n start doing a couple of overs while we all used to do the usual general warm ups n stretch exercises..Trust me when I say that the Marvel Comics character "THE HULK" was based on this guy...you really don't want to Play football with this guy when he is angry..n to see some skinny guys try to take over the football field to play cricket while we perform the stretching exercises before a full time match makes even a paavam guy like me angry...I'm pretty slow in analyzing some situations in life but when it comes to something that threatens the life itself...thats when my analytical powers fly right out of the window and God interferes.... by sheer damn luck of my forefathers I was sane enough to realize what would happen if one plays soccer against this guy. Apart from this one delicate situation,where he doesn't show any strand of mercy what so ever, he is an amazing friend! The dhaba he opened exclusively for me kuttan n akutty during the weekends was always worth a mention..it was always an offer for a brunch which were bundled with those amazing snacks and Mallu movies, which we very convinently extended to the late evenings most of the times...dude those were really the days...

Then there were those "Assure" work days with Sidhu, commuting mainly on his Pulsar...work was a little slow.. but it was good none the less..made some good friends there with in my short tenure...n we are still in touch..

The nights were dedicated to shawarmas, girlled chicken,kabboos, appam n fish curry of the mallu eat out place in Koramangala...(I dont belive I cant recollect the name of the place now!) and the lazy saturday afternoons to "The Legends of Rock" with Abesh,Raj, Akutty n Sanat..listening the Floyd, Metallica n Maiden ...and singing along when u r down with a couple of pitchers of beer n loads of French fries ;-) n the dude DJ who was so impressed with us that he once told he wanted to jam up with us once n shoot up a couple of joints.. n of course.. those late night Dum-C n Mafia sessions with the crowd where the GODFATHER (once in a while...) simply dies peacefully in his sleep..which would happen anytime after 3 in the morning...as one generally doesn't have control over some things...say like sleep...

Now after 3 years when I'm here in Bombay n I think about all this..it feels great...The crowd is split and parted ways of already.. Kuttan is in L n Sanat in K...Raj is still in B'lore as far as I know..n so is Abesh...He got married almost 2 weeks ago(couldn't attend it though!)...Akutty is in Delhi preparing for The Administrative Services. With the kind of efforts hes putting in, I'm sure he'll make it through ;-)

And I'm here in Bombay... as an IT Officer for a Nationalised Bank...with the life of an average Mumbaikar.. commuting in the amazingly crowded trains of Western Railway from Boriwali to Churchgate, to which I guess I'm used to right now..after all its been more than over a year now..
Life has thrown at me the role of an average Central Govt.employee.... which I feel is one of those curved balls that life throws at most of us at some time or the other...but with Kamal &Co.(Oh yeah.. forgot to mention that, didn't I?) and Balu just a couple of stations away n Eda with his holiday home(for me)in Pune, the city I have fallen in love with, I'm happy that I don't have much reasons to complain..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home